Khourys & Associates is a well established and prominent public practice, seeking a full-time Accountant to become part of our expanding team in our Punchbowl office.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and prepare tax returns & financials for small to medium sized business, with company, partnership, trust business structures and SMSFs
- Review and analyse financial statements & business structures
- Provide advice to business on Taxation Planning and management of accounts.
- Review, analysis & completion of Business Activity Statement
- Report directly to the associate on performance, budgets & client matters
- Assist the associate with preparation of technical tax compliance audits
- Liaise with Clients, ATO, ASIC, Long Service and other external agencies
- Completion of all tasks according to accounting standards and internal policies & procedures
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Accounting degree
- Commencement or completion of CPA/CA or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a public practice including experience in SMSFs
- Sound knowledge of Connected Ledger, MYOB, Xero and Handitax
- Excellent interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills
- Solid technical knowledge of accounting & taxation
- Time management, problem solving & research skills
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Attention to Detail
- Strong Decision Making Skills
- Team Player
Khourys & Associates will offer you:
Excellent & Friendly Work Environment, Reward & Recognition Initiatives, Team Building Activities, Career Opportunities, Ongoing Training & Development, support CA/CPA qualification.
If this sounds like you, please apply by providing your resume along with a cover letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience are suitable for this role.